Dear Friends and Family,
We’re only a few days away from welcoming our families from Mexico for the Smiles Burn Camp!
There are a few things we want you to know!
- We need your prayer! Final preparations, safe travel, good health and for God’s blessing on all the families, staff and participants during the trip. Please pray for Shelli and I as we give direction to this ministry! Thank you!
- You are invited! Saturday, Sept 15th at 5pm you are invited to our Mexican Fiesta in Didsbury at the Zion Evangelical Missionary Church Gymnasium. There will be authentic Mexican food, music, fun for the whole family, an opportunity to meet our visiting Mexican famlies and an inspiring message from our guest speaker, Joel Sonnenberg visiting us from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida! There is a cost of $7/person OR $20/family at the door and we would ask you to please rsvp by sending an email to email@example.com if you plan on coming so we can plan ahead regarding food. Thank you! Hope to see you there!
- Sunday morning (10am), Sept 16th we are excited to be having a bilingual service (English and Spanish) with all our Mexican families at the Zion Evangelical Missionary Church! We don’t want to take anyone away from their own church family but we would encourage you to invite Spanish-speakers and people that normally don’t attend a church to come and hear the inspiring and challenging message that will be brought by Joel Sonnenberg.
- God has provided! We are so thankful for the incredible outpouring of generosity from so many of you, God’s children! The funding and donations needed to make this amazing project possible have come in! Any further money that comes in before, during and after the camp will go to help with the costs of the Mexican staff (we have 12 members of our Arbol de Vida Evangelical Free Church in Mexico coming to help with the camp) who have been raising their own funds for flights, etc, and to the future ministry with the burn survivors and their families. Thank you!!!!
- If you are in the Didsbury area, we are still looking to borrow kids-sized ice skates. They will be skating in the Didsbury arena Friday, Sept 21st at 10am. They can be dropped off at ZEMC beforehand or brought directly to the arena Friday morning. We are also looking to borrow sleeping bags and child (2) and baby (2) car seats. Please mark items clearly with name (and church in applicable) to aid in getting everything back to the right people. Thank you!
- If there is anything else you wish to know about the camp or any events please contact us through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling us at 403-668-7339 (home) or 403-586-5871 (Greg’s cell).
Thank you all for praying and working with us to see this ministry happen! We trust that God will do far and above all we could have possibly imagined in the lives of our Mexican friends and many others that we have never met. To God be the glory for what He has done and for what He will do!
On a family note, we are super excited to see our two oldest children, Talson and Annelise start in Mount Royal University (Annelise-nursing) and the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (Talson – Electronics Engineering)! Caleb is heading into grade 11 at the Olds Koinonia Christian School. We are so proud of our children and thankful for the opportunities that God has opened up for them!
Joyfully Serving Jesus And The Ones He Came To Save,
Greg and Shelli Neufeld